Aha... yet another topic on User Accounts. Just last week or so I was discussing with a colleague of mine here at CrmXpress. It was about Service Accounts. Now we all know that if you are using a Service account [A dedicated account to run services for SQL or MSCRM or maybe even IIS], first thing you must do is during the creation of the service account itself, you MUST mark a checkbox labelled "Password Never Expires" so that the password expiry policies are not applied to this account.
Now in case you did not check this check box and your service account password expires, it will bring down all the dependent components/services/applications. To fix this quickly here are few places you might want to look into in case you end up with a service account with expired password. You can always set the password to what it was however some organizations have a policy against that. So you would want to look into places where you can change the password for a given service account. So here is a list of all the places that you should look into :
- Start -> Run -> Services.msc -> Sort by 'Log On As' column
- Start -> Run -> Inetmgr -> Expand Sites -> Select a web site which is using the service account -> Under Actions Pane -> Click on Basic Settings... -> Click on Connect As... button in the popup Window.
- Start -> Run -> Inetmgr -> Expand Application Pools-> Select an Application Pool which is using the service account -> Under Actions Pane -> Click on Advanced Settings... -> In the popup window -> Navigate to Process Model -> Set Identity Property.
- Check web.config files for encrypted\plaintext impersonation details
If you have not already noticed that CrmXpress has always been run by BlogEngine.Net then well... know that it has been powered by BlogEngine.Net. As the new year arrives [Gujarati New Year is generally the next day of Diwali]. There were some unexpected problems during the upgrade and it brought this blog down for almost 3 days and I hope that it did not affect any one. If it did, sorry for the trouble caused and I would like to assure you all that in future we will not do an in-place upgrade without putting in effort to make sure that everything is working as per the expectations. Anyways now things are in control except our CrmXpress theme which shall be up and running soon.
Wish you all Happy Diwali and a Very Happy New Year!!! Stay tuned we have many gifts lined up for you.
I recently observed a scenario where a CRM 4.0 database was upgreaded to CRM 2011 and after upgrade process uses were not able to perform any kind of operation within CRM. The exception that we found was :
A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (crmFormSubmitXml="<iteasy_postcode><it...").;Hash='1073421037'
This is because ASP.Net 4.0 now has a different behvaior and it inspects all request data. Rather that being the cookies, urls, headers, etc. This behavior is controlled by RequestValidationMode property.
Now to override this behavior for CRM 2011, all you need to do is set <httpRuntime requestValidationMode="2.0" /> in your web.config. This setting will enforce request validation in .Net 2.0 mode i.e. only Form's input fields are checked for invalid HTML input.
Recently I was asked what exactly Application File Privilege found under Core Records affects within CRM. After some research on the topic I found that it holds Schemas and Templates as mentioned below :
One of the practical usages of AdHocReportTemplate is to apply changes to your Ad Hoc Reports by modifying this template. Here is a link that demonstrates how to do so : http://blog.sonomapartners.com/2008/11/customizing-the-report-wizard-template.html