If your email router does not process any emails but your inbox from Email Provider works just fine!?! Check event logs where Email Router is installed. You might see many repeated errors similar to mentioned error here below:
#27938 - An error occurred while checking for email messages to process in mailbox firstname.lastname@example.org. Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.EmailException: Error: The message exceeds the maximum supported size.
at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.ExchangeWSConnector.LogEwsResponseErrorWarning(String message, ResponseClassType responseClassType)
at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.ExchangeWSConnector.RetrieveMessage(ArrayList ids, Int32 index, ServiceLogger serviceLogger)
Check your inbox for the emails with attachments. Find emails with more than expected attachments size per email, take backup (if required) and delete them. Your Email Router should work just fine once this is done!
In my case an email with 100+ MB attachment size was creating an issue.
If you are working on code to merge two entity records and come across "Cannot specify child attribute retrieve" error; and you have referred SDK/MSDN documentation. You probably have kept UpdateContent property optional and havent set it. UpdateContent is a required property though the documentation says it is not.This property is optional in case of merging incidents only.
You just have to set Entity object to UpdateContent property which has attributes to be updated to the merged record. HTH!
I ran into this small issue when I was asked to convert a text field into a Single Select Dropdown. As we were doing this for a demo, I thought I will try this little hack to avoid adding a table in database and whole nine yards.
I am not sure how useful this is going to be to someone but I am hoping that.. someday.. someone will benefit from this.PS: Due to certain restrictions the following code snippet is missing appropriate closing script() tags. Kindly add them if you copy the code to use it somewhere.
Every now and then we run into a situation where we think if I knew a little bit more about this technology, it would have saved me a LOT of time.
This happened to me few days back. I was working with a large chunk of JSON out of which I needed a little piece sent back to server and it took me some time to figure out a way to do it.
I used delete keyword and got rid of extra properties from the object graph before I converted it to JSON. Here is a quick sample I whipped up for this post.
PS: Due to certain restrictions the following code snippet is missing appropriate closing script tags. Kindly add them if you copy the code to use it somewhere. -->