It’s been a long time since I thought to put this to public. I have used this tool for a quite a long time now. Basically, it allows you to create profiles with username and password. Now being CRM developer many a times you would want to launch CRM Web interface with another user’s credentials. Generally, you would do so by using Run As or by creating a shortcut that will ask for credentials when it is clicked OR by disabling automatic logon in intranet zone.
I wanted to come up with a lot easier way to achieve this. That’s why I made a simple utility that stores usernames and credentials and set of applications in a profile. You can create as many profiles as you want and add as many applications as you need. Credentials you provided are encrypted and stored with user settings. To add application, all you need to do is drag and drop a shortcut of the application or the application itself on to CrmXpress Run As Gui tool.
You can download it from here : http://www.crmxpress.net/Tools/CrmXpress.Win.RunAsGUI.zip
Your feedback is really important for me to provide feature upgrades/bugfixes.
Kindly note that I have tested this utility on Win7/Server2K8/Server2K8R2 x86/x64 editions with .NET Framework 2.0.
Here are steps to start using this tool.
- Launch CrmXpress.Win.RunAsGui.exe
- Click on Add. It will auto fill current user name and domain/workgroup name.
- Enter password.
- Click on Save. Your default user profile is now created.
- Click on Add again. It will auto fill current user name and domain/workgroup name. Change the name with any other domain/workgroup user name of your choice.
- Enter password for the user name that you have entered.
- Click on Save.
- Now you will have two profiles and you can access them via Profiles drop down list.
- Drag any application shortcut on to the CrmXpress.Win.RunAsGui’s User Interface.
- The application will be added to the applications list for a given profile and it will be launched with credentials of whichever user profile you have selected.
- This program is provided as is without any guarantees or warranty.
- Although the author has attempted to find and correct any bugs in the free software programs, the author is not responsible for any damage or losses of any kind caused by the use or misuse of the programs.
- The author is under no obligation to provide support, service, corrections, or upgrades to this free software program.