This is a long due post almost a year or more. I was working with an ADFS 2.0 setup on a single box (Development only) and was facing challenges with installation and configuration of IIS Host Headers which will allow me to complete required steps for ADFS 2.0 setup for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011. When you are configuring a wildcard SSL certificate (*.crmxpress.com) in IIS snap-in you will notice that Host name is disabled when you try to configure site binding. After a little research, I found an article that described the steps to enable the host name.
- Open Microsoft Management Console (MMC) by Start -> Run -> Type MMC -< Enter.
- File -> Add/Remove Snap-ins.
- From the list of Snap-ins, select Certificates and add it to Console Root.
- Select appropriate option, in my case, it was My user account but you can select Service account or Computer account based on your configuration.
- Once the Snap-in has been added locate the certificate and right click-> Properties.
- In General tab, you will see Friendly name field. Enter *.<<yourdomainname>>.com or appropriate value based on your certificate.
- Click on Ok and now you can configure the site bindings and configure the host header.